AppleOne Advisor greeting

W2 Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why can’t I request for the the FEIN and use that along with my last pay statement to file my tax return?

A: If you are looking to obtain our company's Employer Identification Number (FEIN), please be aware that the IRS prohibits the filing of electronic returns without a W2. Therefore, our company will not be able to provide FEIN information prior to the distribution of W2s and 1095-Cs (if applicable). We ask that you wait until you receive your W2 electronically or in the mail.

Q: The last day of my workweek lands on a Saturday, the hours I worked from December 26th through December 31st are missing from my 2021 W-2?

A: Week ending January 2nd, 2021, which includes hours worked from Sunday, December 27, 2020 through Saturday, January 2, 2021 were paid out on Friday, January 8th, 2021, these wages are considered received in the tax year 2021.

Q: I am an international student and I should not have been taxed for FICA (OASDI and Medicare), how do I get a refund?

A: Please contact your office, who should then email the Operations & Payroll Research inbox. Depending on the type of VISA, list of documents will need to be requested from you.

People Portal Opt In Viewing Option

Q: Why haven’t I received my W2 statement when the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires employers to furnish it by January 31, 2022?

A: 2021 W2s and 1095-Cs are mailed out on Friday, January 28th, 2022. This date satisfies the IRS requirement.

Q: If I opted-in to view my tax documents online and I worked for your company in 2021, will I still receive a paper W2 and 1095-C for tax year 2021?

A: If you opt-in to view your tax document(s) electronically, you will no longer receive a paper W2 and 1095-C for tax year 2021 and forward.

Q: I am currently not on assignment or no longer working for your company. Can I still access my People Portal?

A: Yes, you should still be able to log in to your People Portal with the email address you have provided to your registered branch.

Q: I am having problems logging in to my People Portal. What do I do?

A: Please contact the branch you registered with and confirm the email address on record for you with our company. Once confirmed, proceed with resetting your password in your People Portal.

Q: Can I view my tax documents electronically?

A: Yes, you may view/download your tax documents electronically in your People Portal. Click on the Tax Documents icon and opt-in to access your documents electronically.

Q: I see an error on my W2/1095-C statement. Who do I contact?

A: Please contact the branch you last worked from. They will assist you with the process of correcting your statement information.

Click here for additional W2 and 1095-C Information or contact your branch if you have additional questions.